Ray O´Farrell, VMware´s CTO, joined the stage and delivered updates on several projects. The most interesting part for me was the demo of vSphere Platinum , a new vSphere Edition utilizing App Defense to even more tighten security through micro segmentation.
The Solution Exchange opened its doors, so interacting with partners or hunting for freebies was a go – depending on which kind of person you are… (don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with some free stuff, but some people are really taking it to a whole new level)…
With a tightly packed schedule of sessions I was pretty busy the whole day.
My personal session highlights:
- vSphere Clustering Deep Dive Part1: vSphere HA and DRS
- Why: Being a great fan of the Clustering Deep Dive book and also enjoyed Duncan Epping and Frank at VMware´s Global Support Summit and a VMUG Conference so this was just a must see.
- Top 10 Automation requests and how you can save time
- Why: The “automate or get automated” train runs on full speed and there is no way you can outrun it so one of my personal goals was to check out as many automation and skripting sessions as possible.
- vSphere Performance Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis (Compute)
- Why: I always try to attend Troubleshooting/RCA sessions and having 2 VCDX presenting this was just a no brainer.